Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting advertised upload speeds on 1gig

snozski
Up to speed

I;m been testing abit since I got this installed on Thursday 

See SS : 

dadadaaaa.png

Should I raise a fault for this as I was thinking its meant to be 50mbit + ? 

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27

Is it possible to get a reply to this please by VM staff ? 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Mentioning CISAS usually encourages a response.

Based on what I see in the thread and the comments you made via message, I agree that it's another case of the company simply batting a relatively minor problem around because VM's heavily segmented processes that rely on under-skilled workers mean that nobody has looked at your problem who combines (a) the technical competence to diagnose the problem and (b) the authority assign it for a fix.  As a result it loops round and round between customer service and the field team.

Now, this seems to have been going on since March, so have you formally complained?  That's step one on the route to CISAS forcing VM to do what any competent company would have done in the first place. 

Thanks for reply drew

I don;t really understand how it works.   When issues with BT lines and dealing with Openreach, they open a fault ticket and it stays open until the customer feels it's resolved.   The engineer got back to me today saying he spoke to the network team but no action from them, it's been 3 weeks now. 

He said he will escalate it but who knows if he can or will. 

I tried speaking to virgin customer support and got connected to some Indian guy who started going on about wifi speeds again and wanted me to try some pods ?  I don't have any issue with wifi lol , I ended up disconnecting , I don't have time to keep explaining this to different people all time,  100% some guy who just ignore what I say and go on about WIFI coverage. 

I took your advice and made a complaint for the fault 

this is the reply I got 

We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
Hi  Thank you for contacting us, we are truly sorry to hear that you have been experiencing intermittent Wi-Fi services ever since you joined our family. We do understand the importance of strong internet at this point of time. We have checked your account and there are no area faults or issues with your account that could be causing it. If you are still facing the issues we request you to please call our Faults team with the number provided below. You need to speak to our faults team as they need to run some diagnostic tests to know the issue and provide you with the solution. Also, if required they may send a technician or replace the equipment accordingly. We assure you that issue will be fixed as soon as possible.

I dunno if this is a joke or what,  I went into full explanation of the history of this issue and what it is and provided a link to this thread to, now they mentioned WIFI again when I don't care about wifi and is no issue with it lol , engineer mentions wifi all time CS wifi complaint team wifi , its all super bizarre and extremely frustrating.    I seriously regret the decision to switch from BT to virgin , from the start of installation to now its just a shambles. 

What is the route to speak to someone at virgin who actually understands line issues and so on and does not want to just fob this off as "wifi have some pods"   Honestly I have never known anything like it in my life 🙂  

Is it possible to get any kind of reply from VM staff now on this ?   

I  have a complaint open also 

Reference number:

C-270722969

I don't want to make complaints I just want to have this problem properly addressed, not just batted around for months.  It's super frustrating,   I'd prefer VM to say sorry we cant and wont fix it then me just banging my head against a brick wall. 

Hey there @snozski, thanks for reaching out to us.

I do apologise about the issue on your connection.
I will look in to this and investigate your complaint for you.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with us today.

I'm happy to hear about the improvements so far.
As agreed, we will wait a few days and see how it looks then.
If you have any other queries in the meantime, we will happily look in to them for you 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, mate yes it seems fixed now, rock solid 64 QAM on upstream and max upload speed.    I'm unsure to what work was done but obviously something external from my property

I'll see if it holds and let you know 🙂