cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting M350 speed after a week

suzydoherty86
Joining in

I signed up to an offer to M350 for an extra £5.01 per month a week ago (from our existing M200). The speed is still the same and I've phoned, live catted and whatsapped Virgin on 3 separate occasions without any luck. I've not had any emails/welcome pack from them either. Can someone help please? I did message Beth, who's on the thread, but if anyone else can help, it would be much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

can i check you have a hub3 or better - the older SH2's do not support 350

further how are you testing - you need to test wired - the wifi speed is no measure of the input speed as the device may only be capable of 200

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

Also try a 60 second pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Failing this, you'll just have to phone VM or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

can i check you have a hub3 or better - the older SH2's do not support 350

further how are you testing - you need to test wired - the wifi speed is no measure of the input speed as the device may only be capable of 200

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you for your reply.

I finally spoke to someone in the Retentions team and it seems that although I had a confirmation email with the package price offered with 1 month rolling contract, this package doesn’t exist. I have been told that this package will be honoured as I have the confirmation email and the offer is in my online account under upgrade offers. Thank you so much for your help and advice.

Hi suzydoherty86, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you were having an issue with getting a package applied. I'm glad the teams have been able to help get things resolved now though. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs