cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting 1gig speeds

Cwoods2503
Joining in

Yesterday I received my Hub4 and installed but continued to receive the speeds of my previous package (M350). 

The call center told me to give it 24h and that everything looked fine from their end. My friend who works for VM also said everything looked fine on their oximeter.

Samknows says I am getting 1g to the Hub but only 100mb to the computer (including Safe Mode with networking) and 300mbs to my phone.
Speedtest.net says I am getting 350mb to the computer and 300 to the phone.

I have tried the following combinations and all result in the same speeds as above:

1. Modem mode > cat5e > PC
2. Modem mode > cat7 > PC
3. Modem mode > cat7 > Netgear R6400 > cat6 (through walls) > cat7 > PC
4. Router mode > cat5e > PC
5. Router mode > cat7 > PC
6. Router mode > cat7 > cat6 (through walls) > cat7 > PC
7. Modem mode > cat5e > laptop (400mbps)
8. Router mode > cat7 > laptop (400mbps)
3. Modem mode > cat7 > Netgear R6400 > cat7 > PC

NIC is Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V, the following link was done also: https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000058667/ethernet-products/gigabit-ether...

As you can tell I have tested extensively, does anyone have any idea what's left? 

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
First, do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it. If not log into the Hub settings and navigate to the "Configuration File/data" page and see what numbers are in the "Max data transfer rate" boxes for downstream and upstream. They should start 1xxxxxx ( in bps not Mbps) - if they start 4xxxxxx the update hasnt been applied and so call in to find out why not.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cwoods2503,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having a bit of trouble with your router and connection speeds recently. Are these ongoing today? If so, has the advice that @jbrennand has provided helped at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, sorry for taking so long to get back to you I didn't have time to test.

I've done what @jbrennand suggested and theres no difference, my configuration is as below:

Cwoods2503_0-1646489735721.png

With the following speed tests:

Cwoods2503_1-1646489761616.pngCwoods2503_2-1646489777427.png

My phone gets the following speeds:

Screenshot_20220305-140843.jpg

Screenshot_20220305-141758.jpg

Hi @Cwoods2053, thanks for your post and I'm sorry you're still having issues still.

I've ran further diagnostics and checks, and there aren't any issues with upstream, downstream or power levels being out of specifications so it does appear that there may be issues with the devices, rather than the Hub or Network directly (as you confirmed SamKnows is suggesting).

I'd recommend ensuring all your drivers are up to date on your device and all updates have been performed too.

Do you have any other wired devices you can try this on that you may not have tested yet?

Many thanks

Tom_W

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

VM need more capacity 

---------------------------------------------------------------