cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise in Upload frequency E10

MichaelLucas
On our wavelength

We have had a major issue with the upload speed for more than 12 weeks now and we have reported it over and over to Virgin Media and in week 4 they originally admitted the problem saying that "it is a difficult problem in the area and is expected to be resolved by 23rd of May". We never got an update after that, and when we kept reporting the problem they instead wanted to switch our Hub to a Hub 4 and wanted us to "monitor the problem". We did, and week 8 we reported our monitoring and we finally got a technician sent out.

When the technician arrived he started by plugging in his equipment straight into the wall and said that he saw the exact same numbers that I had logged. The upload speed fluctuated between nothing and a third of what was expected (we should have 36MB). We were lucky that the issue was apparent when he arrived, because it only happens for a couple of hours a couple of times a day. So he could've easily missed it.

He immediately says that it's due to noise in the upload frequency and calls in to the callcentre to raise a ticket, but the operator refuses. He asks to speak to her senior who also refuses. Apparently upload speed is not important enough to fix.

Problem is this: I am a streamer and I literally make my living off of the upload speed and have now been affected for 3 months! I am at a complete loss

57 REPLIES 57

Hi MichaelLucas,

Thanks for your post and it's great having you back here updating us. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your upload frequency. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi MichaelLucas, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly with your information. 

Checking our systems, I can see that there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F010046495
  • Estimated fix time: 26 AUG 2022 10:00
  • Description: Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

I have made a note of this on the account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thank you for that quick response!

Alright, hope it will be better after the 26th then! I will make an update in this thread after the date.

Thanks again!

Hi MichaelLucas,

I hope you're doing well this evening, I just wanted to check-up on your account as I know you've been waiting for a fix. 

I have checked your services and can see the engineers may be dealing with something a little more complicated than they originally thought. 

It's been pushed back to 30th Aug 22 2:15pm, which I can appreciate must be frustrating. 

We will continue to monitor the situation for you and apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing. 

Kindest regards,

Megan_L

@MichaelLucas wrote:

Ah thank you! I had no idea!

Monday.png

When you upload you ping normally spikes high in the BQM with VM...it could be VM have applied some type of QoS/BWM that drops ping when uploading?

---------------------------------------------------------------

If it was just a push of 4 days that would be fine, but that is what the engineers said back in May as well: "a little more complicated than we originally thought." and pushed the fix the first time to May 23rd. So it has effectively been a push of over 3 months now.

I really do hope that this can be fixed by tomorrow, because it has become a daily occurrence now.

The past 24 hours:

MichaelLucas_0-1661775996687.png

Kind regards,

Michael

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey MichaelLucas, thanks for the reply and this feedback.

We're sorry to see this has been an ongoing issue for you, please be advised based on the outage updates we estimate this issue will get resolved on 02 SEP 2022, 14:15.
Apologies for this as it seems our engineers have sent further updates about the area fault and fixing times now, you may check here for more updates and you can also subscribe your email or phone number to receive notifications each time the status changes or when it's fixed.

Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns, glad to best assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

Thank you muchly for the update! Will keep a look for any updates after Friday then!

Kind regards

Hi MichaelLucas,

I have checked this again for you today and the estimated fix date has been moved to 09/09/22 14:15pm. 

^Martin

Understood! 🙂 Thank you