cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No speed increase with Hub 4 and 1gig

BillHopkinson
Tuning in

As title, getting about 400mbs download and strangely 52mbs upload. Multiple reboots and restarts

Hub not recognised by Sam knows website, so it is most likely to blame.

An engineer called today and left a "You weren't in"(I've been sitting in silence waiting for a knock) I was told he would call me on the phone before he arrived (he didn't).

Now after finally getting through to "customer service" I'm told I have to wait another four days for the nest slot. Even though it was only 15 minutes after he "called" there is apparently no way of getting in touch

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
400mbs by wire?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.  It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.  What does it say?

Speeds are only guaranteed to the Hub and need to be tested with a known good Cat 6 cable, directly connected to the Hub, using a gigabit capable device.

VM do not guarantee wifi speeds.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BillHopkinson_0-1636572321898.png

yes, by wire.

Hi BillHopkinson,

Thanks for coming back to us, what device are you using to do the test on, does it have a gigabit network card installed?

Regards

Paul.