cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No speed increase after Volt 1 upgrade

BarryH001
Tuning in

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded from the Ultimate Oomph bundle to the Volt 1 bundle. I upgraded from the Hub 3 to the Hub 4 which has been installed for the last week or so.

When I was on the 600mbps broadband package, I was typically receiving speeds of 450mbps to 500mbps. Since the upgrade the speed has remained the same. There has been no increase towards the 1gig I should be getting.

I phoned Virgin Media about a week ago and they did something in the background and got me to reboot the router. They said to leave it a few days and monitor it. There was been no improvement.

I have included details from the configuration page. Can anyone advise what the issue might be? 

General Configuration

Network access
true
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
true
DOCSIS Mode
Config file
87dsfd;kfoA,.iyewrkldJKDHSUBs

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
bestEffort

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@BarryH001 wrote:

Speed to Virgin Media Hub 4 is 1145Mbps.

Speed to computer is 873Mbps.

Thanks 

That's pretty normal mate. Top speed achievable from the Hub 4 is 940mb Max cause they only have 1Gigabyte ports, so your in the ballpark 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

conman33158
Super solver

What speed do you get on https://samknows.com/realspeed/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps capable Ethernet network card?

1. Make sure the cable is Cat 5e or better
  2. Make sure your PC/laptop has a 1Gbps or better network card
  3. Disconnect all other Ethernet cables from the Hub when running the test
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup

Thanks 

@BarryH001 wrote:

Thanks 

That's pretty normal mate. Top speed achievable from the Hub 4 is 940mb Max cause they only have 1Gigabyte ports, so your in the ballpark 🙂

Hi Conman33158

Thanks for your replies today. Much appreciated. I guess I am getting the correct speed after all. Just disappointing none of my wireless devices seem to have improved in the speed they are getting.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

You will probably need WiFi6 to get higher speed, I have unifi access points and the can only get around 700mbps max on a good day but easily get ~500mbps

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/8001732737 

@BarryH001 wrote:
Hi Conman33158

Thanks for your replies today. Much appreciated. I guess I am getting the correct speed after all. Just disappointing none of my wireless devices seem to have improved in the speed they are getting.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Your wireless would stay pretty much the same mate as the Hub 4 doesn't have wifi 6. Another option is to get your own wifi 6 router and put the hub in modem mode for faster wireless speed but you need to ask the question "how fast do you really need my wireless devices like phone etc to be?" I have my main PC wired and everything else wireless with a wifi 6 router and get around 800mb on my iPhone 11 Pro Max, but in reality I don't really need it, for 4K HDR video for example you only need around 30-50mb so more than that is overkill really 🙂

Merry Christmas to you also my friend 🙂

Thanks for the replies and the additional information. That’s really useful.

My current wireless speed is enough. I just didn’t want to be missing out on something if it was available.

Cheers.