cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No news on my upgrade to Gigabit

TangoTango27
On our wavelength

I recently upgraded to the Ultimate Volt package and at the time m650 was the fastest broadband available in my area (and I'm consistently getting 667Mbs 👍😊).  I was told that the Ultimate Volt bundle included Gigabit broadband and that as soon as it was avaialble in my area I would be contacted and sent a new Hub 4 so I could upgrade.

Well I got an email a couple of weeks ago to say that Gigbit is now available in my area but I've not heard anything about my new Hub 4.  I've tried phoning a couple of times to ask about it but gave up waiting in a queue so I'm just sending this post to see if anyone from Virgin Media can press whatever button is requried to get my upgrade to Gigabit started?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The "normal" wait time is 14 days for the upgrade on the VM side.  However if you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TangoTango27, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that 1GB broadband is now available in your area. 

As you have upgraded to the package which included the M650 speed, there isn't a button so to speak to upgrade you to 1GB. You would need to speak to the team for them to upgrade you to the new 1GB service. 

The 14 days wait here is irrelevant as your speed boost and data boost were already included in the package. 

Give the team a call on 0345 454 1111 for them to look at the upgrade to 1GB for you. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs