cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Docsis 3.1 Channels - New Install

muffintastic
Superfast

Hello,

My father recently had Virgin Media installed into an area where Virgin have installed the infrastructure into his area.

He signed up for the Gig1 package, the engineer came installed no issues and installed the Hub 4.

I have double checked the stats and no Docsis 3.1 channels are up but only Docsis 3.0, but the is it's saying it's in Docsis 3.1 mode on the configuration page, can someone tell if he should have any Docsis 3.1 channels bonded on the "Status" page?

Here is the stats as of 03.02.2022.

muffintastic_0-1646299481675.pngmuffintastic_1-1646299531267.pngmuffintastic_2-1646299554854.png

muffintastic_0-1646299272566.png

muffintastic_1-1646299361549.pngmuffintastic_2-1646299386923.png

The new install was the 1st of March. The engineer also added a 10db attenuator too on the back of the router when it was installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

muffintastic
Superfast

Update 11-03-22

Seems the issue has now been resolved. In essence there was a problem with the connection to the hub (router) so an engineer was booked. After that my dad explained what I told him to say and the Virgin Media rep requested that a network engineer be sent out. Checking the stats seems it's been corrected,

muffintastic_0-1647019901271.png

Seems he's also now acquired downstream channels to '31'

I will never know why there was an issue in the first place or wasn't picked up on the initial install.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What speed is the Hub receiving from www.samknows.com/realspeed

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Adduxi wrote:

No good. Router is in router mode, followed instructions. Doesn't work I'm afraid. 

I'll wait until a member of Staff can sort it out.

@Adduxi wrote:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/12841665680 I did it via Speedtest

Either way I don't see why speed coming into the Hub would affect the locked channels. I'm telling you looking at other posts if he's on 1GB he should have one 3.1 channel locked and he doesn't. Sorry to be brunt but I just want to know why 1GB is classed as Docsis 3.1 and he doesn't even have 1 channel locked for it, yes, I've been browsing the forums for related posts, seems it ends up being a problem on Virgin's end...

Wow... Not one person knows what I'm on about I guess... (bump)

sometimes the hub 4 needs a hard reset hold the reset with a pin for 60 secs then see after 5 mins and if that doesnt work then i think they have not turned on the 3.1 line in your area

@MattjVideos wrote:
sometimes the hub 4 needs a hard reset hold the reset with a pin for 60 secs then see after 5 mins and if that doesnt work then i think they have not turned on the 3.1 line in your area

Already done 4 hard resets.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@muffintastic wrote:

Wow... Not one person knows what I'm on about I guess... (bump)

Bumping puts your post to the back of the queue again.

However, I noticed you are getting close to 900mb, and the very most you will ever see from a 1Gb Hub connection, is approx. 950mb.  

It could well be, as already suggested, the 3.1 DOCIS is not built yet in the area.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks