cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New upgrade not working 350-1GB

Graham0990
Joining in

Hi all, Just upgraded to 1GB and installed my router yesterday as this was the day for upgrading. I have reset a few time but I am still only on 350, but it’s testing sometimes 100 less than 350. Why am I still on 350. And getting hold of VM is a joke, everything is down again. 
Is there something I can do to fix myself? 
Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

Also try a 60 second pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Failing this, you'll just have to phone VM or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

Also try a 60 second pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Failing this, you'll just have to phone VM or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

well look at that!!! The reset worked. All good now. Thanks for the obvious I should have tried before asking, lesson learned, do a little research and elbow grease. Sorry, thanks again 👍

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Graham0990

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Great to hear this is now working, please do contact us if you require any further assistance.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs