cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New speed after upgrade

martynbez
On our wavelength

How quick show you see the new package speed upgrade after taking a new package?

Signed up for 1gb Thursday last week but still getting speed results of around 650mb?

9 REPLIES 9

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

How are you measuring speeds?  If you're measuring speeds over wifi that's as good as you'll get.

If measured on an ethernet connected device, and you were previously seeing 650, then sounds like the change has not yet been actioned - I assume you have got a Hub 4?

Measured via ethernet cable and via my samknows whitebox.

Yeah Hub 4 installed and all working.

In the hub status page, there's a tab titled Configuration.  Under that a heading Primary Downstream Service Flow (or similar) and within that a field Max Traffic Rate.  What's the number in that field?

Finally got into it as it's in modem mode: 

Max Traffic Rate: 690000278

Looking around I might not have been sent the right config yet as my config file is: ;kfoA,.iyewrkldJKDHSUBsgv

You've probably tried the "turn it off, wait a bit and turn it on again", in which case the config file still hasn't been pushed to the hub.  I'll mark this for forum staff to see if they can do anything about this.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @martynbez, and I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to get the full speed you've recently signed up for.

Is it possible to perform a pin hole reset on the hub, and then place the hub in modem mode, and run a speed test with a Cat 6 Ethernet cable for me?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Looks like things have just changed: 

Max Traffic Rate

martynbez_0-1636975059137.png

Thanks for the update and glad to see the speeds have increased martynbez. Let us know if you experience any other problems.

Rob