Menu
Highlighted
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New customer - not impressed

So the internet was installed last night, turns out the cable to the house is old and needs replacing, last night was pulling 190 on the 350 package and tonight it’s 26, that’s just not good enough at all, contract will be getting cancelled if cables not replaced within 7 days. That’s not even 10% of advertised speed.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer - not impressed

@arronlowley wrote:

So the internet was installed last night, turns out the cable to the house is old and needs replacing, last night was pulling 190 on the 350 package and tonight it’s 26, that’s just not good enough at all, contract will be getting cancelled if cables not replaced within 7 days. That’s not even 10% of advertised speed.

To get a quicker response than on here,,,  Call 150 or 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" – in business hours (08.01 is best!) you usually get a UK call centre (it might still be a 30’+ wait though) who are more understanding and helpful.  Tell them you are about to cancel because of these problems - and they will do their best to get it sorted for you, as it’s their job to keep customers.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi arronlowley,

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I will pop you a PM so we can discuss this further as I am not sure if I am looking at the right connection. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Are you still in the same address/area as your previous connection? I remember your name as having connection issues (utilisation?) last year.

Makes me wonder why you would come back?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos