cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer/install & can't get 630Mbs

DeanBoyce
Joining in

Hi, we're new to VirginMedia (VM) and have signed up to the Ultimate Oomph Bundle (M600) with 630Mbs broadband after VM fibre being newly installed on our street. 

It worked for the 1st day, and ever since we had intermittent speeds with a max of (120Mbs). We have Hub3. We are not able to watch Virgin TV consistently on our multi rooms without it dropping out or not connecting at all, and this applies to Netflix as well. Additionally internet speeds cause issues with my Son playing games online, and also we're having issues working from home. 

I have been in constant contact with VM, and have had 3 wifi boosters sent out and installed, but they make no difference. We've had engineers out, who have replaced the hub3 for another hub3, checked everything: outside box, inside wires etc and they have said we're not getting anywhere near what we should be. 

I've been waiting for over an hour dialling 150 from the VM phone whilst I'm typing this and cannot get hold of anyone to sort this out. Does anyone have any ideas on how to sort this out?

Thanks  

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post the power levels and network log from the Hub please.  Also setup a BQM to record the status of your incoming supply www.thinkbroadband.com

Once done we can comment

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry, not sure how I do this?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All stats are at 192.168.0.1   If you look for the Router Status link on the page you will get all the information needed.  Just copy and paste the information on the Downstream, Upstream and Network log.  Ignore any warning when you post as it will fix itself and post the second time.

Setting up the BQM is explained on the website.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi DeanBoyce thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with speeds and connectivity.  We'd like to help you resolve this.  I am going to send a quick private message.

Regards

Lee_R