Menu
Highlighted
KnightsXB
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New connection with poor speeds

Recently moved home and wanted to retain Virgin Broadband. New address seems to have very poor wired and wireless speeds....my contracted 250 mbs has not changed yet the speed is terribly inconsistent at all times.

Laptaop has dropped from 80 mbs to 2 max and Xbox has dropped from 150+ mbps to a fluctuating 2-15 mbps???

Why?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New connection with poor speeds

Hi KnightsXB,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F006810329 for . The current review date is 09 JAN 2019.

Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update for you.

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

KnightsXB
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How do I bump a post?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You have just done it Smiley Happy

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi KnightsXB,

I have checked and that issue has been resolved and closed, are you still having some issues?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
KnightsXB
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, since we have moved home our download speeds for game updates etc are down to 25-40Mb from at 120-150 at the previous address. We pay for the Gaming broadband speed that promises not to throttle our speeds during peak times! I check this regularly and find that we do indeed drop to well below 50Mb. We pay for a much better service for a reason..we do not expect throttling or lower than BT or SKY speeds, that is unacceptable.

Please supply links to a complaints department and or watchdog / industry ombudsman as I intend to ensure these practices are highlighted to them and on social media forums. We will cancel subscriptions and further payments unless we receive what we pay for and are entitled to receive as I do not expect recompence or discount from Virgin Media for poor performance.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM dont throttle - you have a problem. If you do want any help... then... What do they say when you call the fault in ? Is it just speed dropping or do you get disconnections too? Which model of Hub do you have ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos