Menu
Wgt510
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New connection unstable

Just joined virgin from .... virgin and gone from 100meg to 200meg all new equipment but the connection is even worse, if that's possible, than the old on, it's up and down like a heart monitor, anywhere from 30 to 130meg in the same test, but never any higher, I'm getting the feeling BT's  75meg would have been a better option

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New connection unstable

Hi,

Just to confirm, you have basically upgraded your account, if there was problems before why did you upgrade?

It's like your connection is impacted by congestion related issues currently widespread issue throughout this forum.

Probably would of been better going for the BT connections in my opinion.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Wgt510
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

• No not an upgrade it was stupid money to upgrade and virgin wouldn't budge so I left and rejoined as a new customer. Engineers came out and installed new equipment. But your right it will definitely be my last term with virgin, my ee mobiles a better and faster connection 
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Oh right OK, well its likely that the new hub is connecting to slightly more congested channels on the network hence the increase instability now being faced.

If you've only just opened the account you could use your cooling off period to give notice and place an order with another provider to get away from congestion issues.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction