Menu
ianewing
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New connection - 200M service, getting less than 10M download

I recently purchased a bundle, which includes 200M broadband.

It has been running very slowly, so I checked and the download speed is less than 10M.

I called Virgin Media this evening on 03454541111 as advised on the help page, it ran some auto tests and then said that there was an issue and it was going to put me through to a technician.  I spent thirty minutes waiting on hold and had to listen to some awful music and my call still wasn't answered.

I am very unimpressed by the performance of my broadband and the lack of action fixing it.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New connection - 200M service, getting less than 10M download

As well as the “check service,” weblink there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info.
If nothing is showing there - call in again - early morning 8-11 is best.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ianewing
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New connection - 200M service, getting less than 10M download

Thanks for your helpful advice.

I tried running a speed test again this evening and it is much faster than it was yesterday - up to 60 - 70M from 6M, which is much better than before, but still way less than 200M.

When I am at home between 8-11 in the morning I will give Virgin Media a call again to see what they can do.

Thanks again for your help. 

0 Kudos