cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 4 speeds slower than old Hub 3

murwilson
Tuning in

Ordered 1gig service middle of last week. Hub 4 arrived Saturday, quick and easy switch out of hub 3, hub 4 in. Up and running inside 15 minutes after auto software update.

Laptop connected directly into ethernet port 4 to log in 192.168.01 to change to modem only mode. I had a quick check at the logs and could see the 120000 and 5500 had been loaded. All good.

Ookla speedtest to several different servers over the last two days shows no download speed greater than 300mb with an upload of 35mb. Slower than the old hub 3 500mb service.

Rebooted hub - no change. Reset hub - no change.

Cannot now connect to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 (cannot be reached, took too long to respond)

Am I missing something obvious or a duff hub that needs replaced?

Mur

21 REPLIES 21

I’m having the same issue, slower Wi-Fi speeds with new hub 4 on volt 1 gig service than I was getting with volt m600 with hub 3?

is there any solution to this issue as yet? 

Regards

Dave

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dave-wh,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some WiFi speed issues with your new Hub 4. If you're experiencing an ongoing issue, we would prefer for you to create your own thread, as each issue is individual and can differ slightly, meaning that some resolutions presented may not necessarily resolve your ongoing problem. However, I will be more than happy to look into this further for you and assist as much as I can.

Can you please confirm if you're experiencing speed issues on a wired connection as well, or is this a WiFi only issue?

Have you been able to take a look at our Speed Up page to see if there's anything there that can assist with this problem?

Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Page you link doesn’t work for me. I click to test connection and it comes up with below, see screen shot. Yes with the wired too. I used a 12 month old dell laptop i5 using the network lead virgin supplied to go from router to tv box, very slow and blocky and less speed than my Wi-Fi? 

B24057ED-8A24-43D1-9FF2-076B89EF8EB3.png

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dave-wh

Thank you for getting back to us. 

We are sorry that the link does not connect you to the correct page. Can you please try here instead?

From here we have the ability to run a live check on the service and after doing this today I can confirm there have been no issues with the equipment detected and all signal and power levels appear to be running within specification. 

How have things been since your last post to us? 

Thanks 

Nat

Thanks Nat,

clicked on the new link and got this?

FB106ACA-3E37-4556-ABC5-959AE70453F2.jpeg

Hi,

The Wi-Fi is hitting 400 - 450 with the hub 4. On the day I was upgraded to the volt gig1 service I still had the hub 3 set up whilst I waited for hub 4 to be delivered. I was getting 580 - 63( looking at ookla speed test results page from that day. I know over 400 on the Wi-Fi is good, but my iPhone 13 can do 833 on the Wi-Fi. And I still don’t know why the hub 4 is slower the the hub 3 with the same set up, same positioning and phone etc sat on my couch 3 feet away from the hub. I’ve sent the hub 3 back as well in the hub 4 box as per instructions. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

In terms of the connection - have you run into any issues/problems just to confirm? 

Is it solely that the speed is different than what it was with the hub3? I just want to make sure that there are not any issues that could be in the way. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi,

no there are no other issues. Just that the Wi-Fi speed  remains lower on hub 4 than hub 3 to be fair.

Bit of an update. Today my Wi-Fi speed appears to have increased with the hub 4 to match the hub 3 speeds. Currently getting around 550 speed downloads and 52 speed uploads on the Wi-Fi. 

I'm so sorry to hear your speeds are effected @Dave-wh I have checked on our side and I can see that everything is still in spec and working as we would expect. 

Can you post your Hub status and logs? 

How to do this;
• Please go to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode),
• Don't log in, click on 'router status'
• Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. Please do not include your MAC address.

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc 

Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum.