cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 4 speeds slower than old Hub 3

murwilson
Tuning in

Ordered 1gig service middle of last week. Hub 4 arrived Saturday, quick and easy switch out of hub 3, hub 4 in. Up and running inside 15 minutes after auto software update.

Laptop connected directly into ethernet port 4 to log in 192.168.01 to change to modem only mode. I had a quick check at the logs and could see the 120000 and 5500 had been loaded. All good.

Ookla speedtest to several different servers over the last two days shows no download speed greater than 300mb with an upload of 35mb. Slower than the old hub 3 500mb service.

Rebooted hub - no change. Reset hub - no change.

Cannot now connect to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 (cannot be reached, took too long to respond)

Am I missing something obvious or a duff hub that needs replaced?

Mur

21 REPLIES 21

theboywonder
On our wavelength

Welcome to the 1gig Hub 4 issues club!  No help I'm afraid but look at the recent posts and you'll find the same issues!

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @murwilson, thanks for your post.

Sorry to see the new hub isn't living up to the standards we would expect.

Just to confirm are the speeds you are seeing on WiFi or a wired connection?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi,

I have a wired connection to the hub 4, which is in modem only mode, via my router. The hub 4 cannot achieve the speeds that the old hub 3 (500mb down, 30mb up) delivered I'm afraid.

Best wishes

Hi Nathan,
Any update on this issue? (see my reply to you yesterday, below) Still no change to my service.
I have some spare time this morning so reset the hub again, and tried to connect to the samknows thing. Doesn't connect, either in hub or modem only mode and again when in wifi or ethernet cable connected.
I still cannot connect to the hub on 192.168.1.100 or 192.168.100.1 after I have reset it and changed to modem only mode.
It is very frustrating to not ne receiving the service I have subscribed to.
Should I be talking to support on 150 for a speedy response?

routerspeed.png

Try using Edge to get to 192.168.100.1
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @murwilson

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Is your issue still ongoing today?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,
Yes. I called 150 on Friday afternoon and they said there was an issue in my area and to leave it 24 hours for a repair. I did that and checked, no change. It's now been 48 hours and still no change. I am receiving slower speeds with the hub 4 on the 1gig service than I was on my hub 3 with the 500mb service.

Thank you for that information. 

I have been able to locate your account and I am seeing some error but we will need to investigate some other points. 

What I will do is private message you so I can pass some data protection. 

^Martin