cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 100mbs customer but speed is less than 10

tulwinn
Joining in

[edit] ran another check seconds after I posted this message and the speed is up to 80, wil keep an eye on it

Hi, I am a new customer and I noticed the connection seemed slower than our old provider.  A couple of speed tests show it running between 9 and 10.  Is there anything obvious I should look at?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You need to test speeds on an ethernet cable connected computer or laptop - rather that wifi which has too many variables.

What does that get?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tulwinn,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you had some connection speed issues, but I'm glad that they've since improved for you. Do let us know if there's anything further that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!