Menu
koalbee1
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My internet is slow ..I'm paying for 200mb but getting 20mb on wifi.

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My internet is slow ..I'm paying for 200mb but getting 20mb on wifi.

Do you get the correct speed over a wired connection?
0 Kudos
RaidArray
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Me to. On 200Mb package but averaging 30Mb download. It's been like this for over a week. Already rang 3 times over the last few days.

Call 1. Support guy outright stated the fault is with my equipment and suggested I speak to another department at cost to me to prove that my router is broken or my computer equipment is at fault.

Call 2. Support guy cut me off.

Call 3. Support guy. Talked me through a simple test then made me do 6 speed tests as soon as I called out that attempt 5 out of six yielded 221Mb download. Support guy declared success.  Yet 2 days later I'm still sat here with a 30Mb connection

What a joke.

So far I've taken out my pfsense router. No change

Reverted to my old asus router. Still no change.

Final straw I am now running the virgin super(cough!)hub in its original setup as was supplied. Sad to say but the performance now is worse than that which I am achieving with my own routing using the superhub just as dumb modem.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@koalbee1 wrote:

You haven't answered the question.  What speed do you get with a wired connection?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Koalbee1,

Welcome to  the Virgin Media Community.

Sorry to hear about the speed you are getting now. Let's try and get you a solution.

Have you tried doing a speed test on a wired connection? Are all your devices connected using WiFi?

A wired connection would help us determine if the slow speed affects it too, or we'll have to focus on your WiFi speeds.

Please let us know.

Mia_C

0 Kudos
RaidArray
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

so i've been doing some more testing on mine and i'm still only averaging a 30Mb download speed with an upload speed which varies from a few hundred Kb to the expected 10-12 Mb

all my testing is done with a wired connection

i'm dreading calling virgin support again as i have already spoken to their elite support staff. any one have any clue as to what i should be doing next. the current situation is making working from home so problematic.

looking at a date range from speedtest.net i seem to be getting a day or 2 of actually 'get what i pay for' then a few days of no where near acceptable.

is there any work in my region which virgin aren't owning up to?

ooklaSpeedtestRange.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi RaidArray,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your internet connection speed. You can check if there are any issues in your area on this link.  You can troubleshoot your connection using this link. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Joseph_C

0 Kudos