cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Gig1 fibre internet is still slow.. what is the different between Hub speed & Wifi speed?

Bas1l
Just joined

Hello there,

First I wanna apologize for my bad English.🙏🏻

My 1st 18months of M125 fibre broadband contract was about to end on 06-03-2023.  I didn’t knew what are the procedures that gonna be worked later on so I contacted Virgin Media can’t reach it so I contacted the through Whatsapp on 22-02-2023 & I planned to upgrade my speed into Gig1 fibre. After agreeing my new plan & new contract they says that I’m gonna get new router(Hub 5) on 25th Feb & new service contract of 18months starts from that day. Tho I got email & everything but my Service package was still showing old one in my account. As I thought it will take some time to change.. it changes after next day. But my internet speed was bad. I called Virgin Media on 27th Feb & told my problem. They told me that they will send me wifi pod & it will solve my internet issue.  I’ve got them in 1st March. After installing wifi pod wifi range has been little bit better but my internet speed is still not so good. I’ve been testing my Internet speed through different app, websites & average in each room is 40-100Mbps while when I test my speed in living room where I kept my router the average speed is 400Mbps. Why their is such differences of speed? Even I’m testing my speed through Virgin Media Connect app. While testing through this app hub speed is always average of 1100-1155Mbps no matter which room I go but wifi speed is decreasing with each room & as I told before speed isn’t good. I used to face lots of speed fluctuations before during day/night period mainly on night time when I got M125. Most of the time Internet used to stop working. Currently I’m not facing that problem but still what is shown in ad & guarantee speed. I’m not getting that & still don’t get Hub speed n Wifi Speed.

Thank You

Basil Limbu

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Expect to see the fastest speeds only on directly network cable connected computers.

WiFi is very variable - device ability and building structure all have an effect.

The reality is that most domestic WiFi devices can not (and do not need to) make full use of the Gig 1 speeds.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Bas1l,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection at the moment, thats not what we like to hear. 

I have looked into this on our system and can see that there is an SNR issue in your area that is likely to be the cause of the issues that you're having with your connection.

The current estimated fix date and time for this area issue is 14th March at 6pm, I hope that we can get the issues resolved before that estimated fix date and time.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L