cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to 1G but only getting 200mbps

guilbert
Dialled in

Virgin tell me I am in an area that an get 1G Virgin broadband

So just moved from M200 to 1G. Fitted Hub 4 this morning which seemed to go ok.

However running SamKnows only getting just over 200mbps which is what I was getting before.

This is on a Windows 10 PC connected direct to the Hub 4 router with a Cat 6 cable. Windows 10 network settings show it is a 1G network. 

Logged on to Hub 4 and in Network Status and it shows:

DOCSIS 3.0 channels - Downstream 31 - Upstream 4 

DOCSIS 3.1 channels - Downstream 1 - Upstream 0

Obviously 1G is new to me so do I need to wait for Virgin to "zap" something their end to get 1G or should it happen straight away?

Anything I can do in router settings to get 1G?

I do work in computers (or did, now retired) so fairly technical but much of the cable broadband terms are a bit gobbledygook to me. 

What is the next step? 

11 REPLIES 11

All of a sudden it is fixed. 😀

Went through the support route on the Virgin web site and one of the things they do is send a signal to restart the router.

It did that and once it came back up I did a Samknows speed test and got 1070mbps when I was getting 200mbps before.

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice and thanks to whoever may have contacted Virgin to get the config file resent. 👏

Hi there @guilbert

I'm so sorry to see you were having this speed issue but I am so glad to see it has been fixed! I'm so sorry for our delayed response here but please do let me know if you require any further assistance and I'd be more than happy to help. 

Thanks again!