cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Reliable following works? You're joking

simonbt
Dialled in

Hi

I had notification a couple of weeks ago that there would be work done in my area to make the broadband 'more reliable'

This was completed and tbh - it's now awful.

The connection hangs, the connection hesitates  making you wonder if it's gone down which I'll mention - this has happened twice since last week.

I've had more issues in the last week than I have had in the 22 years I have been with you.

Whatever the work done was - please reverse it. I am not a fan of this 'improved' broadband. If this carries on, I'll be looking to cancel due to breach of contract.

23 REPLIES 23

Hi The re-pull has already taken place. 

Surprised that there was no engineer booked following for a manual adjustment to levels etc.

It's going off regularly now - 4 times today - no Internet and therefore no streaming. Three times yesterday during work and evening.

I would like this looking at otherwise I'll be invoking this and I'll be off to Sky which I thought I would never do.

We’re switching you to make sure your phone connection remains as future proof as possible. If you’d rather change or cancel without paying an early disconnection fee, give us a call on 150 from a Virgin Media home phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone by 24 April.

Thanks for coming back to us simonbt, I have looked into this and there are some issues with your downstream power levels on your downstream channels and the SNR levels on your upstream channels are too low. We would need to send out a technician to get this resolved, I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @simonbt

I have arranged a technician appointment to resolve your current issues, this can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L