Menu
JackHemsley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Midnight Drop Out. 50mbps

Good morning (5:00am)

I have not been a customer for long and im already loosing patience.

Every night around midnight ( sametimes 1am) the internet drops. Router still connected but nothing loads. No broadband to any device.

Also we stream alot via Amazon Video and Netflix. However. . . If my wife is watching Prime downstairs i can not watch any other videos while conmected to wifi otherwise it buffers the videos. On both devices.
I have checked and im still getting around 50mbps so that is not the problem.

Whats going on?

Next door also on VM and same issues for them too including the midnight drops.

Jack
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Midnight Drop Out. 50mbps

Hello Jack,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection, it sounds frustrating.

Checking your connection, I'm not finding anything obviously wrong. Do you have the same problems when you're connected with an Ethernet cable?

You might find that changing your wireless channel helps as this fault might be caused by wireless interference.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JackHemsley
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still having issues. Over wifi and cable.

19:00 and just had a drop out. All devices failed to connect to internet.

Restart of router and all back online....

I can not access my router settings to change channels as it claims the password is wrong. And yes it is the right one im entering. . . Settings password as stated on the bottom. Just some numbers.
Says its wrong. Tried the pin hole reset and still wrong.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JackHemsley, 

Thanks for letting us know that you're having issues with your broadband connection dropping out, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I noticed that all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

Also, is there any noticeable change to the Hubs light sequence when the connection drops?

Would you please include a recent copy of your Hubs logs in your response for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all of the information needed is inside.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Darksideofmoon
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The hub has nothing to do with this issue, i'm experiencing the exact same issue, my broadband service cuts out bang on midnight every single night. I don't use wifi for the connection and use wired connection. This issue only started a few months ago and its a royal pain in the behind when online gaming.

JackHemsley
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Im still having the issues.

Decided im off back to sky. Would rather pay a larger bill and have a steady connection than this crap i get from VM