cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messed Up Speeds!!!!

fatimaibrar
Joining in

Hi Guys,

We recently had a 1GB speed increase due to volt and we received a Hub 4 to to handle this speed. Since we have had this new Hub 4 we have been having regular speed issues and with the Hub 3 we didn't.

Late at night and early morning will be getting close speeds to the 1GB (700+) but afternoon and evening time we literally get under 100mb.  This happens every single day now and Iv'e checked this with a Ethernet cable connected.

Could someone please help me with the above issue.

21 REPLIES 21

How can these issues be recitfied?

@fatimaibrar wrote:

How can these issues be recitfied?

An engineer visit.

Will someone from the forum book an engineer for me or will I need to call virgin myself?

2 options:

1. call it on on 150 (or 0345 454 1111)
2. Wait for a forum rep - can be a day or so - Forum staff are so much more helpful than the call-centre droids!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Ok. Thank you. I'll just wait for a moderator to message me than.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @fatimaibrar,

Welcome back! Thank you for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your services.

I located your account and I can see you are getting many provisioning issues, I will send you a private message so I can help you further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming your details in a private message @fatimabrar.

I have booked an engineer for you now, please check your online account to see the date and time. This is the earliest slot I can book on the system.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, After the engineer visit, he replaced the Hub 4 and said that this issue is quiet normal with this Hub 4 and at the time the speeds had gotten back to normal so I was getting close to 1GB speed. It remained like this for few days and the problem has started to happen again for the past few days. Today I was on call with virgin for over an Hour trying to get this issue solved. The guy said he has made changes and to give it like 20 minutes to an hour and hopefully everything will be fine but still getting under 100mb speed wired.

I'm getting extremely fed up with this as I'm paying for something and not even getting it. Just trying to post the Hub status report again but keep on getting the error message "Correct the highlighted errors and try again" whereas there is nothing which is highlighted and have tried this multiple times and keep facing the same issue.

If it keeps falling below the minimum speed guarantee then they should compensate you. 

Are issues over wired or WiFi? If the original provisioning issue have been resolved it could be your WiFi that is causing issue. 

It's wired connection. Checked on 3 different devices and the same result. After the engineer swamped the hub 4 it started working fine and few days later started having the same issue again.