Menu
DJ_Shadow1966
Knows their stuff
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Me9 8rx - area 06

Hello

Well thats a good questions as it does depend on the area but I would expect 4 in most areas.

On think you can do is setup a free BQM (Broadband Quality Monitor) from https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality which monitor you hub for latency etc.

Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Xhaveit
Joining in
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Paul i think i was the other use you was talking about who has had bad internet since Thursday, im in area 04, if your area 06 where about is that, Dudley?

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

VM areas are billing areas and are not geographical contiguous and can cover huge areas, so are useless for diagnostics.

Just because the connection is dropping, doesn't mean that the internet connection is dropping, it is more than likely it is the wireless connection is dropping between your devices and the Netgear.Testing with a wired connection would determine if this is the case, there is no evidence in the logs that the internet connection is dropping. Starting a BQM is a good idea as this would show any WAN dropouts.

Wireless dropouts are a common global problem with has nothing to do with VM, but your wireless environment with many factors like interference can cause poor speeds and disconnection.

0 Kudos