cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M600 - speed query

nashbeach
Dialled in

Is the Broadband package I am on, my ethernet speed is slower than my wifi speed on my phone, on test today wired Ethernet speed was 265.92 Mb/s on my laptop and phone wifi speed 275 Mb/s.

Should my ethernet speed be higher and should my Hub be outputting a higher speed than it is and the speed readings have been around these readings since I was boosted from M500 quite a while ago ?

My Hub is connected via Ethernet to a V6 box and a seperate WIFI router so does this affect speed as it's shared ?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

56 REPLIES 56

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nashbeach, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear the appointment has been rescheduled without you being given a reason why. 

I would be be happy to take a look at the account and provided further information regarding this. To do this, I will just need to pop you over a private message to grab a few details and we can go from there. 

The message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

nashbeach
Dialled in

WIFI speed around 48mbps

All tested on Sam knows.

Why am I getting these results ?

yes

my upload speed is faster than my download !

I don't know if you feel like running through the steps in this thread again. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Sounds like you may have an issue with your line.

Access your HUB on 192.168.0.1, select 'Check router status', and post all the data across all tabs, splitting between posts where required.

Wi-Fi speed around 48mbps would hint at a device connected on the 2.4Ghz band.

What are the Hub's Downstream / Upstream speed results from Samknows Realspeed ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @nashbeach 

AS per @carl_pearce 

Access your HUB on 192.168.0.1, select 'Check router status', and post all the data across all tabs, splitting between posts where required. Post the stats at text NOT photo's - 

Also go to https://samknows.com/realspeed/  and perform a speed test - run the full test, not just the download test. You can post that result as a screenshot.

If you are still running the Archer C900 then it looks like the highest speed you can receive is:-

5GHz: Up to 433Mbps(Only with 11AC Wireless Adapter); Up to 150Mbps with 11N Wireless Adapter
2.4GHz: Up to 300Mbps

(Info from https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-c900/#specifications )

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

PXL_20230609_185623578.jpg