cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M600 > Gig1 Slow Speeds

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Upgraded from M600 > Gig1 last week and I have noticed a drop in speed over WIFI. 

When I was on M600 & Super Hub 3 I was getting 660mbps over WIFI. Upgraded to Gig1 and now I am getting 400mbps over WIFI. 

Everything is pointing to the Hub 4 that I am now using. Before I joined Virgin Media I was getting 910mbps over WIFI so I am confident it is not my equipment. 

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, 

Upgraded from M600 > Gig1 last week and I have noticed a drop in speed over WIFI. 

When I was on M600 & Super Hub 3 I was getting 660mbps over WIFI. Upgraded to Gig1 and now I am getting 400mbps over WIFI. 

Everything is pointing to the Hub 4 that I am now using. Before I joined Virgin Media I was getting 910mbps over WIFI so I am confident it is not my equipment. 

Any ideas?

The HUB 3 and HUB 4 are only WiFi-5 so won't see anywhere near gigabit speeds on one wireless device.

Can you check what the below wireless settings are defined as (can the 5Ghz band be set to 80Mhz on channel width?)?

It's also worth checking under 'Connected Devices' what 'Speed' each of your devices are connected at.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. 5Ghz channel width is set to 20/40/80 Mhz. Connected devices shows PC at 500mbps.

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. 5Ghz channel width is set to 20/40/80 Mhz. Connected devices shows PC at 500mbps.

For wireless devices you half to two thirds the connected speed to get a rough idea of what download speed to expect.

An example is my mobile connects at 433Mbps and I get around 300Mbps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Considering I was on M600 & Super Hub 3 I was getting 660mbps over WIFI. Since upgrading to Gig1 i'm now getting 400mbps over WIFI I would suggest there still is an issue.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Anonymous,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry that your speeds have not improved.

I located your account, I will send you a private message so I can help you further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide