cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M600 and possibly Gig1 available in my area but only being offered M500 or M350

Felim_Doyle
Fibre optic

If I use the Virgin Media speed checker for my address and telephone number it shows that M600 is available but, if I log in to my Virgin Media account, it only shows M350 and M500 and until very recently was only showing M350 as an upgrade option.

Last year I tried to upgrade as part of a Black Friday Oomph! deal but ran into this same hurdle where my only choice was M350 even though M500 was supposedly available at my address. I also had the difficulty of the chat system repeatedly cutting me off during the upgrade process and so I gave up on it after numerous failed attempts over a few days.

I would like to try again this year if a suitable M500/M600 broadband, TV and telephone bundle is available but I expect that I will have the same problems as before.

Why isn't M600 showing as an upgrade option? Should Gig1 be showing for my address given the content of the article below?  

Virgin Media O2 Upgrade 90 Percent of UK Network to 1Gbps 

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
2 REPLIES 2

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Felim_Doyle

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, I appreciate the lack of clarity on what's available for you must be frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm going to send you a PM for more details so I can advise further on what's available to you currently. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located on the top right hand corner of the Forum. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for chatting with me over PM @Felim_Doyle

I'm glad I was able to advise you on this. 🙂

Please be sure to keep us updated on how the upgrade goes, if you run into any issues, just pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide