cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M600 Broadband Speed fluctuating

stuchop
On our wavelength

Have recently upgraded to M600 but not getting anywhere near the guaranteed speeds - typically in range 190-260.

I have followed all instructions to check cabling, reboot, restart, etc and ring on numerous occasions as well as registering a complaint.

on occasions the speed has improved by whatever the person on the end of the phone has done, however this soon reverts back to the lower speeds

no offer of beginner to look at this however virgin happy to have taken the additional payments for the upgrade, and part of sales pitch was with the home works service you will get next day service for any broadband issues.

any thoughts how I can get someone to take notice and own the fact I have a problem?

25 REPLIES 25

stuchop
On our wavelength

Hi Alex

i will do that later on this evening so ready for the start of the week

thanks 

Stuart

Hey @stuchop,

Have you had chance to reboot your hub yet?

I have checked the power levels from here and it all seems to be back in specification now.

How is your connection running right now?

Regards,

Steven_L

stuchop
On our wavelength

speed is much better today following reboot , I guess I need to monitor further as always seems to drop off.

when I asked if there should be a regular reboot performed engineers have said no, but performance always seems to improve following a reboot and then drops off again

That's good to hear @stuchop and thanks for coming back to advise, would you be able to setup a broadband quality monitor using this link here, this will help keep track, should you have any issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

stuchop
On our wavelength

I have one of those set up already so already been active since start of the month

Glad to hear this @stuchop.

Please keep us updated on your service and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs