cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M500 poor speed & resolutions offered

CWw1
Joining in

I have m500 package, has been good until the 18.09.21 and since then, I’ve received as low as 24.5Mbs (actually todays Speedtest) with highs of 69mbs. My ping is 16ms, jitter 11ms. Have done various resets and rang virgin to see what’s changed with my account as now a decent amount of time passed with failed service delivery - I’m using a wired connection, hub 3 and only have one wifi connected device…apparently all working as should from there side, resolution handed out I would benefit from having a wifi booster for my hard wired connection poor speed? After I pointed out the obvious eventually they will monitor the line and that if unhappy they will release me from contract without penalty. Told to ring back for results. Is anyone else experiencing this poor service on one or all of the above - all I want is the service I’m paying for

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@CWw1 If you haven't already, complain directly to Ofcom, explaining that VM are "waiting for their response" and this is holding up the resolution of your complaint with the company.

I should point out that I don't believe ANYTHING involving Ofcom is happening here, because they monitor consumer complaints but don't get directly involved in the clearing up of those complaints, but I think they're getting tired of VM telling customers the opposite. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you've complained and been offered a resolution that isn't satisfactory, then take the matter up with CISAS, the industry arbitration scheme.  Know what outcome you want - any mix you choose of compensation, fixing the problem promptly, release from any fixed term contract, and ask for that.

To use CISAS you need either the tell VM that their resolution is unacceptable and request a "deadlock letter", or without a deadlock letter you need to allow eight weeks from the date your original complaint was sent to VM.  Depending on how long ago any complaint was made, it might be that the expedient approach is to wait a few more weeks for the eight week limit to pass? 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @CWw1,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that you was not happy with the resolution provided by our complaints team.

I did manage to locate your account, I can see that your complaint is still in progress. We would be unable to do much with this from here, but once we have had a notification from Ofcom then the relevant team will be in touch.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@CWw1 If you haven't already, complain directly to Ofcom, explaining that VM are "waiting for their response" and this is holding up the resolution of your complaint with the company.

I should point out that I don't believe ANYTHING involving Ofcom is happening here, because they monitor consumer complaints but don't get directly involved in the clearing up of those complaints, but I think they're getting tired of VM telling customers the opposite. 

Still never received any form of follow up or reply - we are now in January 2022?

ItsMyVMService
Tuning in

I had the same on my M500 speed. Also offered a WiFi Pod for a wired issue.. VM been today did some stuff outside underground and seems to be okay for now.. 518Mbps. Will monitor.

I always speak to VM via WhatsApp so you've a copy of everything said and they seem more helpful that calling/live chat don't know if it's the same people or what not but they seem to be more helpful over WhatsApp.

My thread: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Review-my-speeds-router-status/td-p/4901746

--------------------------------------------------
Virgin Media Gig1 w/ Super Hub 5

My Broadband Ping - Home Broadband Connection

Hi @CWw1 thanks for coming back to us.

I am sorry you've not had an update.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R