cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M500 package not going over 90mbps

GiBB_l
Dialled in

on M500 package and today my speed won’t go over 90mbps. thought it might be a peak time thing but it’s been like this since early morning now. 

doing a direct speed test to my router is showing it capping out at 88mbps twice. rebooted the super hub and still no joy. 

no work going on in my area either. 

picture below shows the speeds the router is receiving, upload is fine just download seems to be capped. normally get over 500 

5AE0263D-54AB-4937-845D-3D56E1602113.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

It appears you are using a third party router (Asus) with the HUB.

It appears that the connection speed between the two devices has dropped to 10/100 rather than 1Gbps.

Try a different ethernet cable and port on the HUB.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Test by wire on a device with 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GiBB_l

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I've done a check on the system and no issues are showing, all levels fine and no issues with SNR (signal to noise ratio) or congestion.

Please can you do a speedtest via Ethernet (laptop/PC) at http://speedtest.net for me with only that device connected to the internet? This'll give us an indication of the actual speeds you're receiving and we can go from there.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

carl_pearce
Community elder

It appears you are using a third party router (Asus) with the HUB.

It appears that the connection speed between the two devices has dropped to 10/100 rather than 1Gbps.

Try a different ethernet cable and port on the HUB.

fixed it cheers