cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M350 line is worse than my mobile!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, before the logs a bit of history. Even during lockdown my download speed was pretty impressive for a M350 line, sitting at just under 380Mbs. However, since then the speed has depreciated dramatically with it now sitting at 50Mbs, if I am lucky. The time of the day seems pretty irrelevant. Last week VM’s website eventually admitted there were issues with the incoming line however their engineers fixed nothing. NOTE: This issue affected multiple areas in Edinburgh.

Over this period there has been no change in software or hardware at my end and the router (hub 3) has been reset a number of times (and also seemingly remotely by VM). I tried reporting this to the website but just keep hitting a brick wall of VM webpage errors. The connection has recently been so unreliable that for serious work I have to now use my mobile as a hotspot which gives me near-on 80Mbs.

Ok here are the logs….

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andrew-G wrote:

But the likelihood is that (unless an area fault has been found and fixed, which is possible) the connection will continue to have poor and erratic speeds.

You are on the ball Andrew, the download has already dropped by 100Mbs in this short time. ☹️

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, kriptikchicken,

I've sent you a private message to confirm your account details and take a closer look at your connection.

Cheers,

Corey C

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what you did Corey, but I clocked my download yesterday at 390Mbs!!! 😲 Plus no random disconnects.

I'll keep an eye on it till tomorrow and if things are still good, then i'll decide whether to cancel the engineer you booked me for Wednesday. 

Thanks! 👍

Hi kriptikchicken

Thanks for coming back to us. Glad to hear the speed has improved. I've had a check here, there was an outage fixed yesterday with fault reference F009348032 but now everything should be back sorted. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill