cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M350 Fibre - intermittent connection 3-4 weeks, how is this "fixed"?

Wonderman2
Tuning in

Been having issues with upload speed stability for 3-4 weeks, download speed has been decent for the most part, however since Wednesday 22nd September, both download and upload are being affected now due to an area fault, the area fault is listed on Virgins website from early hours and is "fixed" later that day, it reappears the next morning and same thing, today it was listed since early hours and "fixed" at 6pm, this is my speed.

not stable, "slow" download, megaslow uploadnot stable, "slow" download, megaslow upload

We usually get 350mb and 35-40mb upload, despite the speed not being where it should be, it is not stable, the graphs show a clear uphill struggle at times as well as dips. This is in it's "Fixed" state. I want STABILITY more than the speed back.

fixed.pngBroadband is apparently fixed, no issues since 6pm according to the area checker. Running a test gives the usual message which it has for 3-4 weeks now.area issue.pngThis is saying it's an issue on YOUR end Virgin, yet the advise is to reboot my modem, which I have, this has been the message for 3-4 weeks now and was only causing issues with upload stability before but now not only is my upload stability an issue but my entire upload and download speed are too, download is sometimes below 100mb and upload below 1mb as of todays "area fault fix".

I have had one engineer come out and replace a signal splitter as the previous one was "installed incorrectly", he said this would fix the issue but of course it did not, 2 weeks later, todays date, I have another engineer booked for tomorrow. I have no hope of this being fixed considering the way the area faults have been treated the past 3 days. I have had issues with Virgin quite a few years back and from my experience then, this isn't going to be fixed in a respectable time. Last time we had a high utilization issue because they couldn't turn away customers despite already having a high utilization issue and that took over a year or so to be fixed.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues/faults down to postcode level.

See what the Tech says but also set up a BQM as below - that should reveal any ongoing faults or overutilisation problems......

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look into setting up a BQM, the tech that came to the house found a signal issue from the box to our home and switched our taps apparently. This instantly fixed our low download and upload for the most part, tested it and the internet was fully functional and stable except at midnight the upload speed was being yanked down again, this happened both Saturday and Sunday around the same time. 380mb download, 36mb upload but upon midnight the upload is lossing speed rapid, going from 36mb->26mb instantly, in a spike drop, causing issues.

Upon checking the internet today, our internet is back to disconnecting and a area fault is listed for the 4th working day (Last weds, Thurs, Friday and now today, Monday). It's frustrating because the internet is not disconnecting frequently until Virgin works on the "area fault" and then it's horrible. If there truely is an area fault why does them working on it make it 100x worse and why do they always end their shift with it listed as fixed, until the next morning.

Last Friday, when they last worked on and "fixed" the area fault, my speed was horrendous until the tech showed up, lets see how today ends after they "fix" the issue for a 4th time.

Hi Wonderman2,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for the issues you've been having with your broadband service. 

I have been able to locate your account on our side and can see that we have a reported SNR issue in your area. 

The fault reference is: F009310927 and the estimated fix date is 29 SEP 2021 16:00.

^Martin