cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M200 Broadband

Gedns00z
Tuning in

Can anyone tell me what I should have actually installed to be able to use M200 Fibre broadband effectively and get the speeds they suggest in the marketing.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carl,

Thanks for the clarification. Appreciate it.

Cheers

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Gedns00z wrote:

Can anyone tell me what I should have actually installed to be able to use M200 Fibre broadband effectively and get the speeds they suggest in the marketing.

Many thanks.

The HUB provided by VM should be all you need for M200.

And of course a device capable of accepting the speeds!

Hi, Thanks for your reply, but as it's call M200 Fibre Broadband .... should I actually have fibre installed??

Also, what is the minimum HUB that should be installed.

I've been on VM for a long time and I'm trying to ascertain what I should actually have installed for the price I'm paying ...

Many thanks.

@Gedns00z wrote:

Hi, Thanks for your reply, but as it's call M200 Fibre Broadband .... should I actually have fibre installed??

Also, what is the minimum HUB that should be installed.

I've been on VM for a long time and I'm trying to ascertain what I should actually have installed for the price I'm paying ...

Many thanks.

Most connections are over copper cable, so no, not strictly fibre. VM is rolling out fibre over the next several years.

A copper connection is capable of 1Gbps + so no worries there.

A HUB 3 is more than capable of supplying M200.

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the update. I'm a little concerned that the copper can take the speeds, otherwise why change to fibre right .... in the meantime I'll check what termination device i have installed.

Thanks.

@Gedns00z wrote:

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the update. I'm a little concerned that the copper can take the speeds, otherwise why change to fibre right .... in the meantime I'll check what termination device i have installed.

Thanks.

As I said copper can deliver over 1Gbps due to the technology used (DOCSIS 3.0 and 3.1).

Fibre can reduce the latency (Copper connection around 20 - 30ms and fibre around 10 - 15ms).

Carl,

Thanks for the clarification. Appreciate it.

Cheers