cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M100 Download speed below minimum guaranteed.

Crowbar
On our wavelength

Hi, I have M100 broadband package and I am consistently getting below the minimum guaranteed speed of 53mbps. I have done all the tests, wired and wireless with the same results. Why am I paying for M100 when I'm getting M50?

43 REPLIES 43

Crowbar
On our wavelength

I'm such a div! Ta. 🙂

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Crowbar, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection. As this will require the attention of an engineer I have booked you in with the next available appointment.  You will find the appointment time slot via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and it can also be rescheduled or cancelled from there if needed.

Please let us know how the visit goes, or if there's anything else we can help with.

Tom

@MikeRobbo Uncheck the 'Helpful Answer.

Doesn't actually make a difference - all posts get looked at, I believe they are prioritised for the forum staff initially by a basic algorithm that looks for key words, if everything is under control they won't respond, if there's still a problem they will eventually, regardless of whether a reply is marked helpful or not.  If there's a lot of discussion in a thread, this will usually be seen as the community helping out, which is why "bump" posts don't work.  VIP users can escalate posts if they deem it appropriate (there are guidelines on this).

Crowbar
On our wavelength

So.. engineer no.1 turns up, scratches his head for half an hour then engineer No. 2 turns up. Long story short the cable from my house to the street is rubbish. In the meantime they have hooked me into the neighbours box outside their house! They assured me it would not affect their connection but I can't help but worry. Gotta wait two weeks for a new cable to be installed.

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Are you talking about a repull?

Crowbar
On our wavelength

No idea. They just said replace the cable outside.

Crowbar
On our wavelength

Ok 4 weeks later and nothing has been done!

Cable engineers turned up early for their scheduled appointment then promptly disappeared!

About a week later, cable engineers turn up, look at the box outside then disappear once again.

I get an email from Virgin, sorry for not turning up, here's £25 off your next bill. Ok, great, but when are you going to fix my cable!? I'm currently getting around 20mb on my 100mb line!

Can anyone help please?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for this @Crowbar it's disappointing to hear this has been ongoing for so long. 

I've taken a look from here and can see the work order for the re-pull was rescheduled but for no set date/time. I'm unsure why this is the case, and obviously it's not clear enough - so I have contacted the teams in the area for support and will keep you updated accordingly. 

Tom

Crowbar
On our wavelength

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I believe the issue to have been fixed now although I have totally lost faith in Virgin Media as a company which is a shame as I've been with them for well over 10 years. I only have broadband and they can't even get that right. I've had lower guaranteed speeds for well over a year. There's been no "sorry" or offer of compensation as I certainly wasn't getting what I was paying for (which was over the odds!)

Rant over! 🙂 (Currently looking for a new provider!)

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update on this, although I'm happy to hear the issue is fixed it's disappointing to hear how frustrating this has been for you. 

Compensation for loss of service is usually provided once an issue is resolved, if you remain unhappy though please let us know we can log a complaint for you (as per: virg.in/ccop), work towards a suitable reoslution.

Tom