cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speed

nOracle80
Tuning in

I've just upgraded from M200 to M500, but running speedtests today only show around 40Mbps.

Google:

nOracle80_0-1624607627515.png

Speedtest.net

nOracle80_1-1624607667051.png

These are from a PC with a wired gigabit ethernet connection.  WiFi with a 5GHz connection is also around 40Mbs.

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

How are you measuring speed, and is this worse than before you increased your contracted speed?  If you weren't getting the full 200 Mbps in the first place, then upgrading was probably a bad move, and you should consider cancelling the upgrade in your cooling off period.

Assuming that all was good before, it could be a power or noise issue, or it could be that a wireless device is only connecting on the 2.4 GHz band, and only managing an 802.11g connection.  

Hi,

Tested on google and speedtest.net on both wired and 5GHz WiFI.

To be honest I hadn't checked the M200 for a while, but as far as I know it was fine.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nOracle80,

Welcome back to our Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some speed issues after your upgrade!

Have you taken a look at our Speeds page to see how you can improve your speeds at home? Has a pin-hole reset helped your home connection?

Please give this a try and let us know if this helped.

However, after taking a look at your account and checking your power levels, I can see that your power levels are out of spec and could be causing this speed issue. We will need to have a technician appointment set up in order to have this looked into further.

I will send you a Private Message in order to confirm some details, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,  I won't be able to try a reset until this evening.  I'll let you know if anything changes.

Sorry for the delay with this. I've just done a pinhole reset and it's made no difference to the speeds. If anything its slightly slower.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nOracle80,

Thank you for chatting with me over Private Message! 

I have been able to book your technician appointment and confirmed the visit details with you over Private Message. You can manage your appointment on your online account if needed.

Please let us know how your appointment goes, and if it helped resolve your issue.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs