cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speed since cables cut

whu1313
Joining in

Hi since our broadband was off for 3 days due to cables being cut my speed has gone down from 350 to around 120 max . Wondering is the fix has caused my speed to be lowered . 

6 REPLIES 6

Jojo777
Joining in

I’m lucky if my speed goes over 40. Worst wifi I’ve ever had. 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Was the cable repaired or joined (post a photo if you can) or a new one pulled from the cabinet?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Oh I have no idea - someone said rail workers cut through the cables . Took 3 days to repair and ever since my speed has as least halved 😞

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @whu1313.

Welcome to our community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that your internet speed has dropped since the wires were cut through.

I was able to locate your account using your forums details, I can not find any errors on your equipment.

Can you tell me if you have tried doing a pinhole reset? If not please can you do this for me?

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

Funny I have tried that this morning as someone else suggested to me and it has worked and my speed is back to normal ! Thanks 🙂

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Perfect 🙂

I am glad that worked for you @whu1313.

If you ever need our help again you know where to find us.

I hope you have a lovely day.

Many thanks

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide