cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Los of speed following locality upgrade

MJF27
Joining in

2 days ago my street was upgraded. My speed has reduced from 200Mbps to under 50, sometimes as low as 10 

Help please

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try a pinhole reset of the Hub first.

Make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

SSID's and passwords will revert to those printed on the sticket - so you may to change them to what you had.

See if that sorts it first.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MJF27

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the slow speeds you have been experiencing since your street was upgraded.

Did you try a pinhole reset on your Hub as @jbrennand advised? Has this improved your speeds?

Please also take a look at https://virg.in/SpeedUp for more information on improving your speeds 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena