Menu
asifsaraiya
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

London (Ruislip - HA4) - Trickle upload speeds. (Area 14)

Anybody else facing an issue with the upload speeds in the London Ruislip area? (Area ref. 14) 

I am getting an upload speed of 0.08 and the download speed is what it should be. (70) 

Upon phoning customer service, they asked me to restart the router, ran checks and then a hard-reset of the router. Nothing has fixed the issue and they've asked me to wait it out for another 3 to 4 hours. 

This is ridiculous customer service. (Wait it out..... !) 

I'm sure this will be a wide-spread issue and there needs to be logical steps in capturing diagnostics and troubleshooting the problem. But CS don't seem to be doing that with me. 

0 Kudos
asifsaraiya
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: London (Ruislip - HA4) - Trickle upload speeds. (Area 14)

I have had pathetic upload speeds. In short, unusable broadband all day.
0 Kudos
mitchelson82
Just joined
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm also seeing intermittent bandwidth issues in this area. My issue is mainly with the download speed rather than the upload speed.

The worst I saw was 0.23 Mbps download with using a wired connection. No other devices connected at the same time.

0 Kudos
asifsaraiya
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was on the phone with CS again this afternoon. 

This time around I got a different story - apparently my upload speed was throttled down by Traffic Management. This is the first time I've ever been traffic controlled due to Fair Usage Policies et all. 

I asked them about what triggered the traffic management as I've been with Virgin since 2010 and my usage has never been subject to throttling. They had no answer. 

I need to know what is causing the automated traffic management rules to throttle down my upload speeds so that I can take action for it not to happen again. 

How do I probe this further with Virgin Media CS ? I seem to hit a brick wall speaking to them. They just don't understand the nature of my request. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi asifsaraiya,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are experiencing slow upload speeds.

In regards to traffic management, you can take a look at this guide for further information > Traffic Management Policy.

Have you noticed this issue since you posted last?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
asifsaraiya
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The issue lasted for two days and has then gone away. 

But I still need to understand what caused it? 

0 Kudos
jeallen01
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good morning

A question: we are in Area 14 (Hayes) using a  copper cable to the house connection and, having had another "free upgrade" to VIVID 100 a few months ago, the download speed is now running consistently at around 100-110Mbs but the upload speed (tested yesterday evening and this morning) has only risen marginally from around the 4-5Mbs that it has been for the last few years to around 6.1Mbs - is that still "typical" for an Area 14 domestic service on VIVID 100?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting jeallen01,

What type of connection are you currently using to record speed? Wireless/hardwired?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jeallen01
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Nat_J

I had forgotten that I had posted in this forum - sorry about that because I have now found out more about the service we are on.

It is Vivid100 (FTC, coax to house and then to modem) and, from what I have since read elsewhere on the VM site, 100Mbs download and approx. 5.5-6MBs upload is what that service currently provides.

Therefore "my problem" is solved.

Regards

John

0 Kudos