cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency issue

Jakemarques7
Tuning in

Hi all, 

look at this rubbish, latency drops out even though I am wired to my router via Ethernet on my pc & PS5 and still have this to deal with.

getting fed up with this. Any help would be appreciated 

16 REPLIES 16

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Any better in modem mode?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Nope, still same issues

Hi Jakemarques7,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you are facing latency issues, I was unable to locate you on our system with the details we have for you, so I can try to help and have a closer look at things, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received plaease click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul. 

Hi, since this ive had 4 Engineers out and still have the same issues

Thinkbroadband QM 

Really Really fed up now 

Looks like you have too many neighbours WFH and the local network is struggling to cope.

Unless you can persuade VM to do some upgrading you will just have to put up with it or go elsewhere.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

What do you advise?

BT is attatched below but drastically slower speeds. would they be better for latency in my case?

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 13.45.46.png

Your image is waiting to pass moderation. I'll check back later.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

speeds between 25-40 'Fibre 1' its called

If latency is that important to you, VDSL may well be better. You could try it out and if it doesn't do what you want you can cancel within 14 days without charge.

Or you could wait until Openreach brings FTTP to your area. It would definitely be better:

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/where-when-building-ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

Check whether Community Fibre or Hyperoptic or one of the other altnets is available to you.

- jpeg1