Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
8 REPLIES 8

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi deanfarnaby,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome back to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you're having some problems with your broadband connection.

I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. I'm just going to send you a Private Message so that I can confirm some details with you. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Thanks,
Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

risc19
Well-informed

Reading area by any chance?

Teesside area for me but I've seen your thread and I feel for you. I imagine it's over subscription in both cases

deanfarnaby
On our wavelength

Issue is back again, after 6pm on weekdays, sometime before on weekends. Video streaming fine, gaming high latency, browsing is slow to resolve.

Hopefully this bumps my post and I don't need to start a new topic. Can somebody please PM me to arrange a tech?

deanfarnaby
On our wavelength

Hope somebody can help

Once again I am having sporadic issues with my broadband, mainly on an evening.

Streaming via Netflix/Prime etc seems to be working fine. Browsing is slow to resolve almost always, gaming is impossible. I'm receiving spikes of over 2000ms on a wired connection -  download/upload speed is fine on speed tests but jitter is high.

I've seen a few other recent posts here with similar latency issues. Phone support say there's nothing wrong with my connection or area. Perhaps overcongestion?

I have tried removing my Asus router from the network and put my VM Hub 4 into router mode, connected my xbox via ethernet and the problem got worse (coincidence?) It didn't stop the issue so it's not my hardware. The xbox was the only device using the connection at this time as nothing else is setup to connect to the Hub 4 when in router mode.

I've done broadband monitors in the past, we can refer to the old results or I can set one up again if needs be.

I've had this issue many times over the past two years, had engineers visit but the problem keeps reoccuring. It's very sporadic, will be fine for a week, then bad for two. Fine for a month then bad for a week. It's impossible for me to pin down.

Can VM please PM me so we can arrange somebody to take a look?

Many thanks
Dean

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please reinstate your BQM for comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Turns out I still had it running.

This is the last 24 hours, it was very bad yesterday evening. The huge bar of 100% loss is from when I switched from modem to router mode.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5fc38d528a538de6419b05705038cedd55...

Some other recent examples;

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/8f3c90ac91c595a01315ad2a36ca9167df...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5b6ae8d1602c6f9fcc3cc51c8f546dfc80...

Thanks

Hi deanfarnaby,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome back, we are sorry to see you are still facing Latency spikes, I have tried to have a look at things our end however wasn't able to locate an account with the details we have for you, so I can have a further look and try to get this resolved for you I will invite you into a private chat, I will send an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.