Menu
londonpb
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Known Fault London/Enfield EN5 area 21

All,

I’ve been having issues with latency and packet loss and Virgin today confirmed on the phone that there is a known fault in the area I live (area 21), EN5 post code, and that they are working on it. Should be fixed by 20th Dec apparently.

This is my BQM graph from the last 24hrs. Netflix in particular has been affected but also drop outs across all devices now and again. 

4ED31663-769E-484C-88BB-4202C177D342.png

0 Kudos
Sptz
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Known Fault London/Enfield EN5 area 21

How do you know they're working on it? Me and a handful of people from Area 15 have been getting the same issue since last week to no Virgin acknowledgement. 

0 Kudos
londonpb
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I spoke with someone directly on the phone this morning. They confirmed a known fault. I’ve also raised on networking forum and someone there, a few days ago, agreed there was an issue and raised it too. I’m new to this community stuff but I think one of the people replying works for Virgin. You can look up the thread against my name if you want. I’m getting 100% packet loss at times, error messages on my router log, and spikes in latency.

generally ok, just not for Netflix...or working via VPN

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the connection problems, looks this is due to noise ingress fault (SNR and FEC).

Networks are currently investigating on ref. F006776781 with the estimated fix time the 20/12.

If you bump us back here in a day or two we'll gladly check for any news.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
londonpb
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I called up on the 20th and was told this was now going to be resolved by the 27th. Yet the fault still remains. Is anyone actually doing anything or is this just logged and will remain so in perpetuity?

17th November I joined Virgin and in all that time there has been this fault. I understand matters cannot necessarily be resolved immediately, but this is now over a month. 

I never had latency issues with BT. I did have some connection issues very occasionally but more I had speed issues. 

I am not using any more devices now so bandwidth is not my problem. The problem is something else and needs resolving.

speed is excellent here so I am more than happy with that. But speed is no good if the taps are turned off. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the ongoing problems, noise ingress issues can sometimes be difficult to pin down and resolve.

The fault has been re raised on F006814071 with an estimated fix date currently for 11/01.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
londonpb
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ralph,

54CDB4DD-5067-4E71-BAD9-13FABBBD9D52.png

thankyou for for continued efforts.

this is today’s graph, which I suppose is no surprise as it’s not yet fixed. I’ll look back on 11th!

ta

londonpb 

0 Kudos
londonpb
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph / Virgin.

It looks like this STILL is not resolved. Apologies for CAPS lock but having had this problem now since mid November when I signed up is just astonishing. I know Virgin is new in this area but really how hard can it be. You’re not new to delivering cable!

Here is a screenshot of today. If anything it has got worse...

I am not streaming heavily and I still suffer regular interruptions to tv (Netflix / iPlayer etc not the cable), xbox and streaming digital radio.

Netflix takes about 4-5mB so is hardly eating up the 100mB service. It is not a capacity issue like someone from Virgin tried to tell me a few weeks ago. Obviously add on to that iPads and so on but none of those are utlilising significant bandwidth.

Please sort this out...

B866703B-9481-4D1A-904A-A9AD6E9E277A.png

0 Kudos