cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep losing Tv signal.

bemybezzyman
Dialled in

Hi there,

I'm sorry its a bit of a moan. I keep losing the signal on my 360 box which keeps giving me different error codes with the last one being CS9994. I also keep losing broadband as well. I've only been with Virgin for about a month and had nothing but trouble which I never had with Sky. When I try to ring Virgin all it keeps doing is say theres a fault in my Postcode area and won't actually let me talk to someone. I've had at least 4/5 times when they say theres a fault in my area so what the hells going on. Its a bit disappointing seeming I'm on the top package and spending alot of money with the company. Again I'm sorry for moaning but is this going to be a constant problem or do I need to see if I can get out of this contract and go back to Sky.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your TV & broadband are both failing at the same time, there may be a common fault with your incoming cabling, but that's also far from proven and may not be the case.

Some of your error codes may also be caused by the connection between your 360 & homehub - so there's quite a few things that need sorting here. First thing - was your install a self-serve QuickStart, or was it a manned engineer one? The signal levels should have been checked if it were the latter.

How is your 360 connected to your homehub, that's how it connects to the internet for OnDemand & streaming. This can either be Ethernet cabled or wireless - how's yours?

And although this thread will focus on your TV issues, when you say you "keep losing broadband" - does this affect Ethernet cabled connections or only wireless ones? There is some further help that can be given with this, but the thread might get very complicated if we haven't at least covered the basics first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts thank you for your reply. 

Right let's get this right :

1. It was an engineer who installed everything. He said the signal levels were good seeming the cables were in the property when I moved in.

2. The 360 is connected to the hub 4 by wifi and they're only around 2/3 meters apart. 

3. My PC is connected by ethernet and I have various mobiles/tablets/smart items all connected by wifi. The hub looks like it keeps restarting as the white light goes off then on then it brightens then dims before it settles down.

I don't know if any of this info makes sense to you.

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to the broadband board to enable us to come at this from another direction..

@bemybezzyman wrote:

2. The 360 is connected to the hub 4 by wifi and they're only around 2/3 meters apart. 

I'd recommend using an Ethernet cable if the 2 boxes are that close together - it will eliminate all the variables associated with wireless connections and will be at least as stable.

For the rest of your broadband issues...

1: Let's get all your modem stats.. Goto to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) but don't log in. Click on "router status", and copy & paste the data from each of the tabs.

2: If you haven't already, please setup a Broadband Quality Monitor and post a link to your live graph. It monitors your connection 24/7 and provides excellent diagnosis of any underlying issues.

Hopefully if there are any underlying issues with your cabling, this will identify it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts Thanks again for helping. I'm sorry but every time I Cut and Paste the text box I'm tyoing in is telling me to Correct the Highlighted Errors and try again but there is nothing highlighted.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bemybezzyman, 

Thank you for your post. 

I apologise you've been experiencing this issue and thank you to japitts for running through some really useful stuff. Looking at your BQM nothing stands out. I will send you over a private message so I can take a further look into this for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.