cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just upgraded to .M200 but speed still 100mbs

tommy0698
Joining in

Got notification from Virgin that my M200 upgrade was up and running but all the broadband speed checks tell me I am at 100mbs.

In my invoice the have charged for an upgrade and also a M3 Hub manual install. I don't have an M3 Hub just the old one that is more than 12 years old. Their communications did not indicate that they have sent one. Should they have?

12 REPLIES 12

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

If you have a hub 2 it be fine

speed upgrades are for wired speed tests not wireless

if your testing by wire by laptop check you have a 1Gb NIC and CAT6 cable

---------------------------------------------------------------

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

a SH2 is fine for 200 - no real reason to go to a 3 especially if they want money for it

so 

how are you testing - test wired and if you are testing wired check the spec of the lan cable - needs to be cat5e or better - then theck the lan card spec that its gigabit not 10/100

if all that is good then try a reboot of the hub

if you are still getting 100 and you think all is good your side post the configuration data from the hub

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi tony, thanks for the reply.

I have the SH2 configured as modem only as it was preventing me from using voip. I have rebooted it and connected my pc directly to it using a cat 6e cable.The Ethernet card status on the pc shows a 1.0 Gbps speed but the broadband test still shows a max of 108 mbs. Would the hub in modem only mode
cause this limitation? 

Can you connect the PC to the hub in modem mode and do a speed test you will need to power off the hub for 2mins power on a wait a bit then unplug replug the Ethernet cable.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you can try the above as the problem may be your router but again post the config page to confirm they have pushed the 200 config - you will not be the first where that has not happened

Tony.
Sacked VIP

108 Mb/s does sound suspiciously like it is still on the 100 Meg tier!

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @tommy0698,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection, I have checked on our systems and can see that you have spoken to the team and got the issues resolved.

is that correct or are you still having issues with your connection at the moment?

Regards,

Steven_L

I upgraded to 500M and got new hub. 

Is everything now working as expected @tommy0698?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn