Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just upgraded to 350Mb and slower speeds

Hello apadley
Sorry to jump in on this post 
I have checked a few things from here and the downstream levels are wa out of sync 
You will need engineer to come out and take a look at things
I Will need to send you a private message to pass security first though 
If you are happy to go ahead with this just check the purple envelope top right of your screen 
Speak soon 
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
apadley
Tuning in
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've now put my ASUS router back and switched the Superhub 3 into modem mode (because there was a conflict with the Superhub 3 5GHz AC mode and one of my kids computers 802.11ac chipsets - it would connect but would show 'no internet access' - the chipset shows up in Windows 10 as an Intel AC-3168 in case it helps anyone else). All now works as expected when connected to the ASUS router. My Powerline adapters are still a limiting factor but that's not Virgin's fault and only affects one PC where speed would be nice. I still get a reasonable 100Mbps down, 35Mbps up from that one PC. The others (especially on 802.11ac) are pushing into the 250Mbps down with devices close to the router showing the full 350Mbps.

Not sure if the network values have stabalized now, hence the correct results and whether a visit is needed anymore?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi apadley,

Thank you for this update. Your power levels are still looking pretty dodgy at our end so I'd like to go ahead and book a tech, if you'd be happy to. I'll drop you a message now to get this sorted.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos