cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got Gig1 - Is this the right config file though? Only getting same speeds as before (M600)

pdampier
On our wavelength

Checking my Hub 4 I see this downloaded:

SW Download INIT - Via Config file cmreg-vmdg640-bbt078+voc-b.cm

Is that the config you'd expect for Gig1? The 640 maps to my usual 600-650 speeds I was getting on M600 so wondering if I was sent the new Hub 4 but my config has not been upgraded to Gig1? This upgrade is via Volt from M500 to Gig1...

Other info:

General Configuration

Network access
true
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
true
DOCSIS Mode
Config file
cmreg-vmdg640-bbt078+voc-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
bestEffort
45 REPLIES 45

Hi @shaunnewman,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're not achieving the speeds you were hoping for recently. May I ask what speeds you're currently getting on a wired connection? You can run a speed test here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

• Hi @Zach_R

Current speed on wired is:

speedtest.PNG

Hi Zach, I inadvertently forgot to mask my ip in the image but the speedtest on the wired connection came through as 586 Mb

Checked again this morning after getting the POD and plugging that in and there's no change at all. Wired is just over 500Mb and WiFi (I'm sitting 2 mtrs from the router) is just over 400.

Screenshot_20220414-083326_Chrome.jpg

 I have no other routers plugged in so there's no QOS complicating things.

Fully reset the router this morning to start fresh as well.

This speed is 100% the same I was getting before the Gig1 "upgrade" so I'm entirely convinced this hasn't been set up properly. Either that or there has to be an issue with the cable coming into the house. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @shaunnewman

Thanks for the details, I'm sorry to see your wired connection is also around 500 mbps. I would like to take a look further into this, I shall send you a private message to obtain the details required now. Please look out for the purple enevlope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

It's been a while since Serena helped me get a Technician to visit which improved my wired connection massively when the noise on the line was sorted out. I went from ~450-500Mbps up to 750 - 800 wired.

I've also since updated my home Mesh to the Deco X90 WiFi 6 Mesh and now I'm finally able to make full use of the Gig1 connection. My laptops now get >900Mbps off the main unit that's connected to the VM Router and up in the furthest corner of the house >500Mbps previously I'd struggle to get 400Mbps off the main unit. I'm surprised VM don't ship out WiFi 6 routers to their Gig 1 customers  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I'm much happier now with more stable connections, the issues on the line fixed and top tier WiFi.