cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got Gig1 - Is this the right config file though? Only getting same speeds as before (M600)

pdampier
On our wavelength

Checking my Hub 4 I see this downloaded:

SW Download INIT - Via Config file cmreg-vmdg640-bbt078+voc-b.cm

Is that the config you'd expect for Gig1? The 640 maps to my usual 600-650 speeds I was getting on M600 so wondering if I was sent the new Hub 4 but my config has not been upgraded to Gig1? This upgrade is via Volt from M500 to Gig1...

Other info:

General Configuration

Network access
true
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
true
DOCSIS Mode
Config file
cmreg-vmdg640-bbt078+voc-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
bestEffort
45 REPLIES 45

jem101
Superstar

No that’s not the correct config profile for 1 Gig, they haven’t pushed it to the hub yet. You might try rebooting it, that sometimes kicks it into life. However there have been some posts here which suggest that it can take quite a while for VM to implement the Volt upgrade even if O2 have done their bit.

pdampier
On our wavelength

Thanks for the confirmation. Volt seems to have been triggered since that is what caused them to mail out the Hub 4 (I was on Hub 3) and when I log in my account details now show Gig1 with Volt etc on my account page. I'll leave it overnight and reboot hub in the morning and see what happens...

Hub 4 can get provisioned to the new config file when in Modem mode right? Don't have to reset it to router mode for that?

Correct, it doesn’t matter which mode the hub is in, it’ll still receive the proper configuration profile and probably reboot itself to apply it, when and if it happens.

pdampier
On our wavelength

Rebooted it but unfortunately still the same config file: cmreg-vmdg640-bbt078+voc-b.cm

Hey pdampier,

Than you for reaching back out to us, sorry to see you weren't getting any more speed after your upgrade due to your config file not updating, I have had a look at things our end and cannot see any issues at all, I can see you do have our Router in Modem Mode, are you now seeing the correct information and receiving your correct speed?

Regards

Paul.

pdampier
On our wavelength

Thanks Paul. Config file name seems wrong? But speeds seem to be correct now when I download. Can you confirm this is the correct file?

General Configuration

Network access
true
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
true
DOCSIS Mode
Config file
cmreg-vmdg640-bbt076+voc-b.cm

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
bestEffort

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pdampier wrote:

Thanks Paul. Config file name seems wrong? But speeds seem to be correct now when I download. Can you confirm this is the correct file?

That is correct for 1GB.

SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

How long did it take for your speed to correct itself/provision properly?

Hey Josh,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community, sorry to hear you aren't seeing a increase in speed since your upgrade, I have had a look our end and can see there was a provisioning issue, I have sent some signals which should help.

Please reboot the Router your end and try again?

Regards

Paul.