Menu
GetJ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Issues since installation day

Hi there, new customer (well, was previously with VM 2 years ago).

Decided to come back to VM after lackluster speeds with another provider. 

Took out the 350 speed package (broadband+phone, no TV)

But ever since installation I've only ever received around 250 max download speed.

I checked my connection status and was linked to the hub at 1.3Gbps at my highest results of 260, so I know its not my equipment.

Ive tried both ethernet and AC1900 wifi,

Amusingly enough the cat6 ethernet was actually slower for me.

The engineer didn't install any new wall socket or cable and just connected the new hub to the previous occupants VM wall socket and white cable and activated the line.

I'm concerned that the existing wall socket and cable he connected it to are old standard and aren't capable of handling the 350 packages speeds. 

Can anyone from VM advise please?

I tried the online support chat, but after 2 days with no reply I gave up there. 

Also was not provided an adapter for my phone to be able to connect it to the hub (as that's the phone'line' that comes with my VM package) so am unable to call for free support.

Thanks, 

James

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues since installation day

Hi James,

The  0345 454 1111 is free on most mobile call plans as it's treat the same as most landline calls

You could always try freephone 0800 052 0422

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos