cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any fix for my 'latency Spikes'?

LaggyFatSLim
Tuning in

Latency fix? M100 tariff/Superhub 1.

19-4-22. 7-50am.jpg19-4-22  DownStream.png19-4-22  UpStream.png19-4-22  Network log.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They likely send you a hub 5
---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

29 REPLIES 29

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Get your SH1 replaced as it is not using the VM network to it's full capability.  It should be a free swap as the SH1 is so old !

It may resolve some of the issues as the Hub 3 can bond four times more channels than your, now ancient,  SH1.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LaggyFatSLim
Tuning in

The arrows show latency dropping to good levels, why latency goes up again?

5:15pm until 10pm latency spikes = congestion/peak times, any fix for my latency problems?19-4-22. 10-15am.jpg

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As I've already intimated, your SH1 is too old now to be sitting on the VM network.  The newer models will use the broadband circuit much more efficiently and those blips should be less frequent.  It's all to do with capacity and channel bonding. 

Really, call VM and get an swap out, or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have tried calling VM & using the upgrade router website given to me by the chat bot, both failed.

I need a VM mod to help me?

The SH1 is best used in modem mode

Some Spikes can be caused by bufferbloat when you download or upload as the lower your speed package the more you buffer and thats where QoS/BWM on a better router helps.

Also spikes can happen due to the upstream and the dips you see in BQM is just how Docsis latency is for the upstream and very from CMTS to CMTS or hub to hub.

Please send me a hub3 to upgrade my outdated Superhub1...

How i contact a VM mod or someone here to help me? (I already tried so many times phone calling/website upgrade but fails).

Plzz Plzz Plzz

They likely send you a hub 5

LaggyFatSLim
Tuning in

Superhub1 upgrade? M100 tariff/broadband only.

I have tried so many times calling Virgin media & using the router upgrade website, both keep failing.

Guess everyone wants a new hub