cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is dreadful customer service part of Virgin media service provision

snakebiteuk
On our wavelength

I have been a Virgin media customer for a very long time and had found in the long distant past there customer service very good, sadly this is no longer the case.
I started complaints many years a g about the slow speed of the fibre service which escalated to complaints, virgin media have this strange automated way of dealing with complaints that or whoever deals with them doesn't read the content in detail.
Sadly the above leads to the issues being swept under the carpet and nothing changing its very bad.
About a year ago i upgraded the service in the hope and after checking in replacing the broadband router, we had been and had continued experiencing crashes a slow speeds, like 30mb of several hundred paid for this was every day and as usual i was let down even after checking with service no modem was provided.

I complained and again was fobbed off.

So the upgrade was to the 350mb pack and all we ever got on a good day was 220mb.

so recently it got worse i jumped on chat and basically was in not so many words called a liar, they had no records of past complaints, chat histories or the engineer that was booked and cancelled due to the pandemic and my concern in the early days for there safety.

They then basically told me to do things, yes someone was reading a script to do things that would have terminated the chat i refused.
I asked three times for a supervisor and was refused, i asked multiple times for an engineer to visit and was refused.
Yes i got upset.

Ironically the modem stopped working again and while looking for outages the app offered an engineer visit which i took.

On arrival three days later and it was a weekend when reported the engineer immediately said before telling them the terrible customer service story and history that he could already see an issue (engineer ref 94960 ) he said there wa a voltage issue and no wonder.
He checked the service and after looking at all of the issues and accessing the road cabinet told me it was an issue at the cabinet.
The call was escalated rapidly and they found out the cables in the cabinet were full of water and shorting.
Some time later after modem reset we actually got over a year since contract upgrade what we paid for high speed internet.
I raised another complaint and got the usual poor response.
I asked for compensation and got the usual poor response.

The engineers are great at least where I live, the customer service and way they take the money is dreadful and without doubt in breach of the contract.
I ask again for compensation as I am thinking of actually taking legal action against Virgin media at present as some of the support assistance was frankly terrible and the time wasted over the years excessive let alone they did not provide what was paid for.

C-081121610
C-2910211377

when an alternative presents itself at present i will not be staying with Virgin media.

UPDATE:
Today I received the usual we will look at this and take your complaint seriously email but they do nothing,
It said call, i objected and said why would I call and wait an hour but did call, eventually i got through to the end contract team.
They said, the fault was no our fault, lol, they own the cables and cabinet, the cables were full of water!
It will be dealt with with auto compensation, i said no this was not covered by auto compensation, either a credit or discount was due or a free upgrade, it is now being escalated to a manager.
it even states in the contract the requirement in respect to service and cancelation seems no one has read it.

I just noted irrelevant of virgin media deleting past complaints my concerns started on her in 2018.

hopefully someone will resolve this and compensate me appropriately or i see no other  course of action than the county curt. 

Edit Delete

Reply from Virginmedia
3 hours ago

Hi there, thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you've had a poor experience with our services. This is very disappointing to hear, and I can assure you that this isn't the level of service that we want to provide.

I'm very sorry to hear that this has been your experience with us and that you were not able to have your issue resolved the first time. I completely understand how frustrating this must have been.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you if you get in touch with us on 150/ 03454541111 or post on our Community Forums  where our team can investigate this issue further.
^Paulina
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thank you.

The issue was resolved amicably through escalation, I appreciate your comments and note that maybe virgin media support staff should not be so quick to try and pass an issue along especially as you say its a self help group and in someway when technical issues occur someone in virgin needs to take responsibility which is what happened in the end. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think you can level this just at VM.

Covid has given businesses the perfect excuse to treat their customers like poo. 

If challenged they bleat "Because Covid." and that's all they need these days.

This started way before covid, 2018! and is atechnical issue not a personal complaint, i sugest you read the post in more detail! 

The origonal posts and i have have transcripts of all the failing start then.

So i guess you dont feel that a compnay should take responsibility for its errors?

Do you not underdtand contract law? 

I also add virgin invited me to post this to the forum whihc shows you have not understood that this may become a legel contract issue! 

How about Boris then is he part of the issue lmao ?

I get your point though thanks. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@snakebiteukwrote:

I also add virgin invited me to post this to the forum whihc shows you have not understood that this may become a legel contract issue!

This is a Community Help Forum where like minded users try and help others to sort out their technical issues on Speeds or Networking and wifi. VM will respond in due course but it can take a few days. You were sent here as whomever you were dealing with on chat  (probably an Offshore CS rep) didn't understand the "technical" issue and just wanted to move you on to the technical forum.

Meanwhile if you do want technical advice from non-VM users, post up some specific details of the issue an we will advise appropriately. Or wait for a VM person to respond - but in the meantime,  if you do the following, it may be obvious where the technical issue lays and provide data that could be useful should you go down a legal route in the future.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up dont login just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of the Login page - and then just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page.

Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again. If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

thank you.

The issue was resolved amicably through escalation, I appreciate your comments and note that maybe virgin media support staff should not be so quick to try and pass an issue along especially as you say its a self help group and in someway when technical issues occur someone in virgin needs to take responsibility which is what happened in the end. 

snakebiteuk
On our wavelength
The issue has ben identified as something that was "a poor experience with our services" and has been resolved amicably, i do hope someone passes on the lessons learnt as it was a shame I had to escalate the issue.
The matter is now resolved.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

In answer to your thread title, yes, it is.

Virginmedia's customer service is appalling, as testified by the number of customers or would-be customers who post here in search of assistance that the official customer service has failed to give.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.